There are a lot of ways that you can do to improve your eyesight which includes getting an ample amount of rest, exercising your eyes, and taking a break from books, computers, and televisions. These are all effective methods but probably the best one of them all is by eating the right kind of foods. So if you are not yet planning to seek out an eye surgery in Singapore then make sure to consider eating these foods.
1. Green Veggies – Green vegetables including collard greens, spinach, kale, and broccoli are well-known to prevent yourself from losing vision. It contains vitamins A, B12, C, and Calcium. You can benefit a lot from these green vegetables if you eat a lot of them each day. Just make sure not to overcook them to ensure that it won’t lose any of its valuable nutrients.
2. Eggs – Having an egg at the start of your day will allow your vision to be on the right track. Eggs are a great source of protein thus benefiting the lens of your eyes. The egg yolk is also equally good since it will help the occurrence of eye diseases as you age.
3. Garlic – Just like eggs, garlic is also famous for protecting the lens of your eyes and will prevent the occurrence of cataracts and other eye diseases as you age. Garlic is also considered a superfood because apart from benefiting your eyes, it will also lower your cholesterol level, increase your blood flow, and help you have a healthier immune system.
Related: LASIK vs. Contact Lenses
4. Carrots – Carrots are a great source of beta carotene wherein it is beneficial for your retina and protects your eyes from sun damage. If you want to have an even healthier midday snack, then you can’t go wrong in dipping those carrots in a peanut butter.
5. Fish – Fish, especially tuna, cod, and salmon, is rich in omega-3 fatty acids wherein it is commonly found in the retina. Another body part that can benefit from Omega-3s is your brain where it can also lead you towards a better vision. However, if fish is not your thing then you can take fish oil pills as an alternative since it can still deliver similar results.
6. Nuts – Peanuts, cashews, and almonds are also rich in omega-3s just like fish. It will also reduce the dryness in your eyes and will prevent the occurrence of eye diseases as you age. You can grab a handful of these nuts during midmorning to help provide your body a bit of energy boost.
7. Avocados – Avocados are rich in lutein compared to other fruits. Lutein will help improve your eyesight by reducing the risk of cataracts and other eye diseases.
8. Dark Chocolate – If you are into dessert then this is the type of food that you will be interested in eating. Dark chocolate is very good for your vision. It contains flavonoids and will help protect the blood vessels in your eyes. If you have strong blood vessels, then you will also have strong lens and a strong cornea.